The Development of Industry 4.0 is affecting newly created cars, motorcycles, vans, trucks and buses. One of the most widespread formats for the incorporation of IoT in vehicles is the interaction between technology companies and car companies.
An example of this cooperation between companies is the union between Audi and Ericsson telecommunications companies to boost the necessary technology in the creation of autonomous cars (in this case specifically in the development of 5G technology and its application to this type of cars). With the 5G connection in the new vehicles, faster and higher quality connections will be achieved, providing data quickly, improving safety or with instant feedback on the routes, multiplying the possibilities offered by conventional trips.
Another company involved in vehicle improvements is Bosch, Company that will introduce many innovations in the next edition of the IAA for commercial vehicles in Hannover. Some of these improvements are:
- Predictive diagnosis: With this system, vehicles that usually spend long periods of inactivity will have a continuous control over the wear of their components, which means great savings.
- Electronic horizon: Using high definition maps the vehicle will follow the most efficient driving guidelines. And if there are changes in signaling, the vehicle will capture and asume the new guidelines by adjusting the System to achieve the most efficient driving.
- Digital side mirrors: Replacing the external mirrors by video sensors that capture the rear of the vehicles is a great saving due to the aerodynamic improvement as well as greater safety due to the elimination of dead spots.
- Digital instrument panel: The digitization of the instrument panel allows to show mucho more data than in the conventional way, which facilitates the driving without distraction.
- Turn warning: Especially in the city, this system serves to warn of the passage of pedestrians and cyclists thanks to external sensors. Also, avoid possible accidents, since you could perform a braking or an emergency maneuver to avoid obstacles.
These are just some of the multiples improvements that will gradually make our roads safer, thanks to technology.